There's more on my flickr site.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Time to blog?

I have not yet worked out what I want to do with my blog, whether I’ve got the time, who I am addressing, and how it fits into my life. It’s partly to play around with things on the edge of my academic identity, like photography, and to converse with some blogosphere people like DrJoolz and DrKate. I am getting sucked into flickr and obsessive about it. Interestingly I don’t see my photos as standing on there own, without explanation but want to explain what I am doing with them, so that’s one thing I might do here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I think you should blog about what you photograph.
I think the whole thing of thinking about the visual, and about the processes and practices of ordinary life as captured through photographs, is very exciting.
I like the way you often have a relationship between words and landscape in your photographs.
I also like the urban shots.
I have also found that blogging is good as people go onto it, like artists, who won't engage with academic stuff.
If you focus on what you are photographing that would be really interesting.
Oh and read John Berger.

5:25 pm

 
Blogger litrate said...

Thanks kate, that's useful.

10:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home